What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable gels that instantly smooth moderate to severe lines and wrinkles. They can also be used to add volume to areas on the face that have lost volume due to weight loss, aging or other reasons. We use JUVERDERM and RESTYLANE Fillers, all of which contain Hyaluronic Acid, a naturally occurring substance that delivers nutrients to the skin, helping the skin retain moisture and softness and adding volume.
ForeverYoung MedSpa offers three formulations for wrinkles and nasolabial folds (smile lines, parentheses, marionette lines) around your nose and mouth; JUVÉDERM Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus XC and RESTYLANE.
Our Lip Enhancement Collection includes three formulations that can add fullness to lips or just a subtle volume as well as soften the appearance of vertical lip lines: JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus XC and RESTYLANE.
Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC adds volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks.
ForeverYoung MedSpa is the premier Dermal Filler provider in Illinois. We use the most advanced techniques to provide a results-oriented skin rejuvenation program. New to ForeverYoung MedSpa? Call us today at 224-415-3628 to schedule a free consultation.
Before & After Photos
How do Dermal Fillers work?
Over time, your skin begins to lose naturally occurring components such as collagen, elastin, and Hyaluronic acid, leaving skin prone to develop moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth. While serums and creams work on the skin’s surface, dermal fillers blend into the natural structure of your skin, gently filling etched-in lines and wrinkles, adding volume and creating a smooth, natural look and feel. The skin remains mobile and flexible, giving you the subtle, long-lasting results, you want.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers:
- Smooth moderate to severe lines and wrinkles
- Adds volume to areas like the cheeks and lips
- Creates contour, often lost with aging in the midface
- Can last several months to over a year
- Anti-aging benefits
- Safe for all skin types
Before moving forward with treatment, it’s important to receive an assessment by a Cosmetic Provider to determine if dermal fillers are the right solution for you. During your Free Consultation you will learn how dermal fillers work, and what to expect during and after treatment. In addition to the assessment, you will receive a complete treatment plan and skincare regimen tailored to your skin type and goals.
What to expect from a Dermal Filler treatment?
Our master certified dermal filler injector will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you. A local anesthetic is used to help with comfort. Our dermal fillers contain lidocaine to help minimize discomfort during treatment.
You will see results immediately. There may be some swelling, which can cause the area to look fuller at first, but that swelling should resolve itself within a week.
Dermal Filler Treatment Aftercare
You can ice the treatment area the first day after your appointment. Some swelling and redness may be expected immediately after treatment. In some cases, the injection site may also have bruising. Using arnica gel also helps to minimize any bruising which could occur 3-7 days post treatment. Depending on the products used, the amount of correction performed, and average exercise and activity level, most clients only need minimal maintenance every 9-12 months to keep their desired results.
Dermal Fillers Frequently Asked Questions
Patients typically need between one and two syringes of Dermal Filler for one area, but depending on needs and preference, some may need three or four. How much you need exactly depends on various factors, including age, depth of wrinkles, your end goal, etc. ForeverYoung MedSpa specialists can tell you how many syringes you’ll need to achieve your desired result during your consultation.
- Different injectables treat different signs of aging.
- Some lines and creases are noticeable when we’re sitting still, perhaps reading a book or watching TV. Others become apparent when the face is in motion—when we’re talking and laughing.
- This distinction has given rise to two types of injectables:
- For wrinkles when face is at rest: Dermal fillers, like Juvéderm or Restylane.
- For wrinkles when face is in motion: Neuromodulators, like Botox
- Fillers are used to restore volume and correct wrinkles at rest. Neuromodulators are used to relax muscles that cause wrinkles with movement.
If you’re new to the wrinkle-filler scene, you might be wondering what other fillers are out there. Hyaluronic-acid fillers include Juvéderm and Restylane. Non-hyaluronic-acid fillers include Radiesse, Bellafill and Sculptra.
Hyaluronic-acid (HA) is naturally found in the skin, providing hydration, fullness and elasticity. HA binds to water, making it an ideal product for correcting wrinkles and folds, as it binds with the skin’s own water. They are soft, pliable, and most importantly, reversible. If there is a problem, it can be taken it away with an enzyme injection that dissolves the filler.
Fillers that are not Hyaluronic-acid based include Bellafill (made of plastic beads floating in pig collagen) and Radiesse (calcium spheres floating in hydrogel). They are not reversible and can be difficult to correct if the filler isn’t placed in exactly the right place. These usually require surgical excision to undo the results.
ForeverYoung MedSpa has chosen the most widely recognized and best-selling dermal fillers based on each of their great safety profiles and proven reliable results.
Your cost will depend on the quantity and type of dermal fillers appropriate for your needs. The cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the specialist or healthcare professional who is administering your treatment. Our master injectors are licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with our collection of dermal fillers. Be wary of discount products or “cheap” treatments —if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. “Don’t ever buy an injectable treatment such as Botox, Kybella and Dermal Fillers on Groupon”. It is more important to find an experienced injector who will take the time to understand your treatment goals and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
Immediately. There may be some swelling, which can cause the area to look fuller at first, but that swelling should resolve itself within a week.
Results may last up to one year to two years depending on the formula used. Please see each product below to see how long results last with each formula, based on clinical studies. Results in patients with more active lifestyles may last a shorter time.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC – Up to One Year
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC – Up to One Year
- Restylane – 12 to 18 Months
- Juvéderm Voluma XC – 18 Months to Two Years
It’s not uncommon for patients with multiple concerns to receive more than one treatment in the same day. We often treat the cheeks first in such cases, restoring the face’s structure before working down to the lower face.
We will take your medical history and provide a facial analysis. Be prepared to discuss your aesthetic areas of concern. This is not a surgical treatment. Actual treatment with injectable gels can take 15 minutes to 60 minutes, depending on which area of your face is being treated.
All of our injectable gels contain pain-reducing lidocaine to help manage pain or discomfort during the injection. You may also ask us about a topical numbing cream to help further minimize discomfort.
Treatment requires minimal downtime. So, you can return to your daily routine immediately after you leave our office.
Most adults over 21 are eligible for dermal fillers. You should not get dermal fillers if you:
- Have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products
- Have an infection at the injection site
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is not known if Juvéderm can harm an unborn baby or pass into breast milk.
- Have a history of excessive scarring or pigmentation disorders, as the use of Juvéderm may result in additional scars or pigmentation changes
- Plan to get other laser treatments or a chemical peel. There is a risk of inflammation at the treatment site if you get one of these procedures right after you get Juvéderm.
- Are on immunosuppressive therapy, as there may be an increased risk of infection
- Are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners
- If you have other conditions, it is best to consult with your doctor before getting dermal fillers
Common side effects include:
- Swelling and tenderness
- Bumps and bruising at the injection sites
One of the more serious risks is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. Though it is rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
For Facial Rejuvenation
- Cheeks – add volume to create a “lift”
- Nasolabial Folds, commonly known as laugh lines or smile lines, the two skin folds that run from the bottom corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- Marionette Lines appear around the mouth and chin, generally from the corners of the mouth to the bottom of the chin
- Lips – shape lips and create more volume
- Temples – fill-in sunken temples
- Eye Troughs – under eye areas that are sunken-in and appear dark due to shadowing
For Hand Rejuvenation
- Volume Loss
Dermal fillers at ForeverYoung MedSpa are provided in a relaxed and comfortable environment. Here’s how it works:
Prep: Your Provider will discuss what to expect during your visit, and explain where the injection sites will be to achieve your desired results.
Cleaning and Numbing: Next, the treatment areas will be cleaned with an antibacterial solution. Even though the dermal fillers we use have Lidocaine anesthetic in the product, a topical anesthetic will also be applied prior to treatment for added comfort. If you have an allergy to Lidocaine please inform us in advance of your appointment. Dermal fillers are available without lidocaine, and can be specially ordered for you.
Injections: Your Provider will then inject the appropriate areas, which will take only a few minutes in total. For clients receiving a full liquid lift, the injection time will increase.
Afterwards: After the treatment, your Provider will clean the skin and provide you with an icepack to help with any minor discomfort you might feel. You are also welcome to enjoy our relaxation room during your visit. Mild to moderate swelling and or bruising may occur, which can last several days, so it is best to schedule your treatment at least two weeks prior to any events.
Follow Up: A complimentary follow-up appointment is required two weeks after receiving a dermal filler injection, which will include photos taken of the treatment areas. This appointment is important to assess the outcome and determine if additional product will be needed to enhance results. Although there is no charge for seeing the Provider during the follow-up visit, if a touch-up is recommended, you will be charged accordingly for the product.
Take the Next Step Toward Fast and Optimal Results